You’ve come to the right place!
We’re currently accepting internship applications. We are looking for independent and highly motivated individuals, ideally interested in one of the following topics:
- Target Reconnaissance
- Recon interns conduct reconnaissance on targets as well as compose meaningful reports detailing the results.
- Web Application Scanning (AppScan)
- AppScan interns perform scanning operations against web applications to find known vulnerabilities for testers to exploit
- Data Entry
- Data entry interns categorize engagement findings and assist in the management of third-party breach information
- Research and Development (R&D)
- R&D interns work with testers to develop tools and techniques to aid our team and the information security community at large.
If any of these disciplines pique your interest, here’s how you apply:
Send an introductory email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please also include any specific interests you have to make it easier for us.
Here’s what the interview process looks like:
We will schedule an interview that will be roughly 30 minutes in length. Expect some technical questions, but the focus will primarily be on personality and culture fit with our team. After the interview, our team will discuss how to move forward.
If you are not R&D-inclined, we will decide on whether to bring you on and let you know. If you are R&D-inclined, we will decide on whether to proceed to a final interview phase.
The final interview phase for R&D-inclined candidates is a programming challenge. If we like what we see out of the quality of code, documentation, and functionality of your project, we will make a final decision and let you know if you’re invited to join our team.
If you’d like more information about who we are and what we do, we recommend you start with our About Us page (https://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/who-we-are/) as well as check out our blog to see what we’ve been up to (https://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/blog/).
We look forward to hearing from you.