Welcome to the first iteration of our Backdoors & Breaches, an Incident Response Card Game, from Black Hills Information Security and Active Countermeasures. Backdoors & Breaches contains 52 unique cards to help you conduct incident response tabletop exercises and learn attack tactics, tools, and methods.
We know this card game will continue to improve and evolve over time based on your feedback and by being played and modified by the infosec community. We have a few expansion packs planned for 2020.
We’re excited for you to play and learn from the game!
Below you will find our directions on how to play, but we know you’ll hack and customize the deck of cards to fit your own needs for you and your team or students.
How To Play!
Download “How-To Play” Instructions HERE
52 Unique Cards:
- (10) Initial Compromise
- (8) Pivot and Escalate
- (8) Persistence
- (6) C2 and Exfil
- (10) Procedures
- (10) Injects
It takes four cards to build an incident, one from each attack category.
(Initial Compromise, Pivot and Escalate, Persistence, and C2 and Exfil)
3,840 Incident Scenarios
Where to get a deck?
Here is our schedule for releasing the Backdoors & Breaches Core Decks so you know where, how, and when to get one for yourself.
- The first 100 Educators who requested decks for their classes will get 20 core decks each – 2,000 decks
- BSides Puerto Rico – 150 decks
- Wild West Hackin’ Fest – 700 decks
- Randomly selected Early Requestors will receive (1) core deck each – 200 decks
- We will be preparing for a public release of the game.
- Public Storefront (TBD) – Price (TBD)
- Shmoocon – 600 decks
- BSides NoVA – 200 decks
- BSides San Diego – 50 decks
- WWHF – San Diego – 400 decks
- BSides Vancouver – 100 decks
- Kernelcon – 100 decks
- BSides Austin – 200 decks
- BSides Orlando – 200 decks
Free Network Threat Hunting Training:
Active Countermeasures has produced six-hours of introductory Network Threat Hunting Training for you to learn the basics of threat hunting tools, techniques, and procedures. Free to anyone that registers online: https://www.activecountermeasures.com/thunt/
If you are looking for a core deck for yourself and/or organization, fill out the request form below and we’ll add you to the list for upcoming information.
Questions? Found an error or typo? Contact deb @ blackhillsinfosec dot com