John Strand //
New to InfoSec? Mentoring someone new to the industry? Here’s John’s advice if he had to do it all over again.
Sierra is on replying to your questions and comments. We tried something new in the video, and added some of these comments in pop-up video form, let us know if you like that.
Join us live on the next webcast for our jokey pre-show chat and more fun q&a.
We also had a lot of great recommendations from those watching live. As requested, here is a list of those:
- There’s a really good book I got called “Violent Python” – highly recommended
- Sean Metcalf’s blog on this is very useful https://adsecurity.org/?p=2653
- good resource for the networking team : https://www.securitywizardry.com/index.php/tools/analysis-crib-data.html
- powershell for pentesters from Pentester Academy
- https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-education/product/ Kopczynski-Windows-Power-Shell-Unleashed/9780672329531.html
- Power Shell for beginners by Cerys Ellis cost about $20
- Start or join a CitySec meetup – https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/meetups/citysec
- Resources of Resources: http://aboutdfir.com/
- BHIS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ2U9Dq9NckqHMbcUupgF0A